During pregnancy, women experience huge changes – physically, chemically and emotionally. Over nine months, your body must adapt and learn how to carry an additional weight of approximately 20lb.
You need to find new ways to walk, sit, stand and sleep, to minimise the extra physical strain on your joints, muscles, ligaments, and nerves.
Women with pain caused by pregnancy posture find osteopathy helpful in reducing their discomfort. Our team can also provide relief from some of pregnancy’s other common ‘side effects’, such as
- Aches and pains, in the back, neck and shoulders
- Muscular tension
- Advise on breathing techniques, stretches and exercise throughout your pregnancy
- Help you prepare for your body for childbirth, by improving flexibility in the pelvis and abdomen.
New mums can benefit from an appointment with us at The Backbone.
We can help you find relief from immediate strains in your back and pelvis and, at a pace that suits you, be part of your plan to:
- Regain strength and flexibility
- Get into the shape you feel happy with.
At The Backbone, we offer:
For more information and advice on conditions related to pregnancy go to Pregnancy Related Conditions.
The Backbone team will always ensure that patients seek appropriate medical advice and treatment for themselves, their babies and children alongside any osteopathic treatment.
We will refer patients back to their GP if a problem is not suitable for osteopathic treatment.